Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cycle of Life


Jen on Mt. Lemmon
Border Close
 






Another Glorious Sunset


































I can ride virtually 365 days a year, something like 350 of them are sunny.  There is no end to the hills to be climbed, vistas to rapture, and good folks with whom to share the ride nearly any day, any time. Scarce can take in my good fortune.

I've found a home with with GABA, the Cactus Cycling Club,  the Tuesday morning Mt. Lemmon riders, Mark Doumas' Bike and Breakfast Club, the Tucson Recumbent Riders and the AZ Randonneurs.

I rode my first El Tour, my first brevets with the AZ Randonneurs, my first Permanent ever (from Tucson to Phoenix), and the Picacho Metric Century. I'll be leading my first GABA ride this Thursday with a promise to lead some more for both GABA and Cactus. I've been asked by GABA to be their Outreach Coordinator helping GABA to be recognized as Everyone's Bicycle Club--Where Cycling Is More Than Just Riding A Bike.

I've attended meetings of the Bicycle Advisory Committee, the Living Streets Alliance, and the Pima Association of Governments Pedestrian Safety Task Force and have my fingers crossed I'll be volunteering out of the RAAM headquarters here in Tucson.

I had the privilege of beta testing Robin's prototype trike which he hopes to patent that's designed to equalize the bentrider's climbing ability, and I launched a movie group where we'll view cycling related movies like Bicycle Dreams and share our own cycling goals and challenges. Hopefully we can help support each other in achieving those goals and reducing the challenges.

Looking forward to continuing to share the road with you.



No comments: