Monday, January 31, 2011

Tilda On Cruise


For at least 6 months I had been looking forward to my January UMCA Century in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

I would arrive one day ahead of Kirk and two days ahead of our Panama Cruise to stretch out my winter legs with a glorious Vitamin D-rich ride from Ft. Lauderdale to West Palm and back. Credit for my route goes to John, owner of several Permanents in South Florida.

But, as it sometimes goes when the success of an event hangs on the perfection of a single day, Monday was full of rain and I succumbed to the whims of air born offenders unleashed by the air conditioning unit in my exclusive Super 8 motel. Tuesday the sun was robust, but I, alas, was not. 100 miles it would not be, however the 36 miles north to Boca Raton and back was sheer, sunny delight.










Tilda did not resist being stowed once again in her suitcase knowing she’d be able to feel the road and stretch her cables in Aruba in just a couple of days.

No comments: