Monday, August 09, 2010

Thanks, Rob


Rob Welsh, an accomplished randonneur from the Twin Cities and recent successful Elite PAC Tour rider (crossing the US in 19 days averaging 162 miles per day) kicked open his 2010 training at PAC Tour’s Desert Camp. It was there he met Michelle Williams, a recumbent rider from MS who would be riding PAC’s Northern Transcon from Everett, WA to Williamsburg, VA this July.

Rob and I met at Desert Camp in 2007 and have since cheered each other on toward our respective riding goals and adventures. Rob introduced Michelle and me via email since we were both bent riders and both PAC vets. And so it came to be that Michelle and I emailed regularly sharing our training, our UMCA goals, fears, frustrations, and foibles.

And yet we had never met.

Then it occurred to me I could ride to Pekin, IL and meet her and her fellow PAC Tour riders when they arrived Saturday, July 31 and I could ride with them Sunday, August 1st from Pekin--> Danville. And so, that was the plan.

No comments: