So if this doesn't look like much to get excited about, in terms of a harbinger of Spring, it is a confirmation you have not lived in the northern climes in 2009.
There were other Spring sightings today on my 56 mile ride:
- Despite the 45 degree temperature, there were runners along the Lake Front in short pants and short sleeve shirts
- There were actually people lying on the sand at Oak Street Beach
- The Chicago River Taxi was up and running and the Tour Boats were being washed down for service
- The piers and buoys were in--no boats yet, but I bet the early birds will be in this weekend
- Millennium Bike Parking is open, but most all of the bike stands are full of the city's bikes-for-rent. Wonder when they'll be moved out to their rental venues?
- I actually shed some of my layers en route home, a first I think
I think all of these are signs worth of a Woo Hoo!