Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bookend Tours



April 8th I set out on a solo Tour to Georgia. I was in a quest for Spring as I left the gray bluster of winter's last fury. I found my first evidence of new life in Martinsville, Il. That tour covered just under 1,000 miles and a lot of hills the southerners call bumps.

August 23rd I set out on a semi-solo Tour to New Hampshire expecting to find first evidence of Fall. I did--swamp maples in Massachusettes. This tour covered just over 1,000 miles and a lot of hills the northerners call hills.

Next year I think I'll do another transcontinental with PAC Tour, just under 3,500 miles with a lot of hills everyone calls mountains--Portland, OR to Savannah, GA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Susan! What a wonderful time you had. I love your discovery of different lifestyles and the ability to let them be. Couldn't, wouldn't, shouldn't we all be so much better off if we immersed ourselves and accepted each other as you. Serenity Courage and Wisdom! I am happy to have met you.

Jay Marshall - Richmond, IL