Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bama Style


Charlie and Shirley headed out on Friday to NC to train in the mountains readying for the PAC Tour Provence, France trip. I decided to hold up in Huntsville for a day (had a day to give calendar-wise) since there were to be head winds of 25 mph all day all the way to Albertville, AL (pronounced Al.bur.vull). It was a great day to work on my blog and cat-sit for Puddy who was not at all thrilled to have a cat sitter.

Walked a mile to the Piggly Wiggly (a grocery store) and ate lunch at a Chinese Restaurant. What made this dining experience extra special was its depth of pluralism. A white proprietor/host, Hispanic servers, Chinese food, Southern lady diners, and Gospel Music piped in for all to enjoy, to a back drop of the world's most dramatic videos of death defying horrors, like rescues from a burning high rise in Indonesia or a worker being electrocuted atop a phone pole, flying off and somehow living.

The Mexicans were humming "I Need Thee Every Hour" while they put sugar packets in the little containers: You can check out the whole tune on YouTube if you click the link.

I need Thee, O I need Thee!
Ev’ry hour I need Thee;
O bless me now, my Saviour!
I come to Thee.

We also had The Lord's Prayer and "I Come To The Garden Alone"

Only in Alabama.

No comments: