Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Cool, Useful Stuff

















Unlike Darren Alff of Bicycle Touring Pro who is a data minimalist when he tours, I am a maximalist, if there is such a word. I love my data--PowerTap hub, GPS, bike computer,SmartPhone, camera, and maybe some etc.'s I'm not even thinking about at the moment. I don't know if it's just that I like electronic gadgets, or if it's a safety thing being female and 62; or if I don't really relish getting off course and having to ride and climb more than is necessary to get to where I'm going; or if it's my Type A busy person needing to get there so I can get to the next there. Maybe it's one of those things you just don't try to figure out. It's best to just say, "It is what it is." To that end, here are a couple of new gizmos that I'm looking forward to having with me on the GA Tour.

Thanks to Darren Alff, I remembered to get a tripod for my point-and-shoot camera. But, here's the good news. This one has articulated legs, or are they arms, that can be wrapped around bicycle handlebars, tree limbs, or whatever.

My next find was for $19.95 a charger that weighs less than a quarter of a pound for my rechargeable GPS AA batteries. Very compact. Can even charge AA or AAA's.

I'm in heaven. :)

No comments: