Thursday, February 28, 2008

Rest Of The Ride



















The rest of the ride was pretty much a route reversal of the outbound, except it was warmer.

Hooked up with the PAC Tour folks at exit 219 and I-10 (Picacho Peak), between Tucson and Eloy. Good fun to say "HI" to old friends and show off my new bike. They were on the same route I had just ridden; I was just 6 days ahead of them.

Marana is home to the annual rodeo, cause for a 4-day weekend for local schools, and this year home to the World Match Play Championship where Tiger Woods handily set a target for a perfect season--both the same weekend I, too, rode through Marana.

Hooked up up with son-Daniel along the route on the outskirts of Tucson. We companioned the last 15 miles to home savoring memories of this ride and other rides we have shared.

Capped off the 6th day with a private audience to Daniel's band, Redlands, which will be playing at PLUSH, a regular venue for them, in downtown Tucson Friday, February 29th.

The desert is soul cleansing and generously gave me a resounding "YES" to ride on to GA, OR, and NH on solo tours.

Welcome to the 2008 Riding Season.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Hmm..I think this spot is where it should say I met up with Jordan for some tea and GREAT conversation...but no. I see how it is. It was good to see you last week. I hope you got home safe