Saturday, June 02, 2007

Comfort Foods

I've discovered eliminating meat and foul (my choice for the last 6 years) and eliminating milk products, cheese, coffee, and gluten (my body's demand) have left very few snacks or comfort foods. Sorbets in the Mediterranean seem far more tasty and exotic than in the States, so that's a good thing. I also discovered the ship has soy milk, so I can get a soy tea lattee for $1.00, so that's a good thing.

Ashore today in Naples our mission was to find someplace to buy nuts in bulk (a real staple of mine at home) and nutrition bars, e.g. Clif. Both wer no-goes, but we did find a decent grocery store and found some rice and corn cakes and some Gouda Goat Cheese. With a little pullman fridge in our room for the cheese, I'm a very happy camper.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oooo, so glad you found your comfort yummies. I don't know what I would do without mine either. Those little things make your day so much more enjoyable.