- Trash cans are virtually nonexistent.
- Non-caloric sweeteners of any kind are virtually nonexistent.
- No one has heard of soy milk, certainly not at tea and coffee shops.
- Bikes and motorbikes are everywhere. 100% of the bikes are major clunkers. The moto drivers are in suits and stiletto heels.
- Street mimes are everywhere as are the acoustic and classical stringed instruments serenading all of us and the day itself.
- Gelataterias are a prevalent as Starbucks.
Thursday, May 31, 2007
These are a few of my favorite things
It's the little things you notice that you either miss about home or love about the new place. Here are a few that I've been noticing the last few days.